School Dinners are provided by the TDET Catering Services.
TDET Catering Services are committed to providing a fresh approach to catering whilst complying with the National Food Standards, using the very best ingredients. Our menus are changed four times a year to ensure that we are offering a variety of foods for the children to enjoy. Our yearly themed calendar, celebrating such events as Chinese New Year, Pancake Day and Christmas Lunch, will give children the opportunity to enjoy a variety of different foods. Our daily menus endeavour to cater for all dietary requirements and we always advertise the allergens within the food that is being offered.
This term we are again teaming up with VEGPOWER to share the benefits of eating vegetables with the students. Please click the below link for some tasty meal ideas:
In the academy kitchen Shari, Nicky & Noy prepare the food and are dedicated to providing freshly prepared, delicious school meals for the students, made using the highest quality ingredients and healthy cooking methods.
The cost of a school dinner is £2.30 daily - Menu
Menus are available in advance so that you can help your children with their choice of food for the week ahead. Please ensure your child's menu sheets are back in school by Friday morning to ensure they receive their choices. We ask that parents book and pay for meals in advance using Parentpay.
Parentpay can be set up by contacting the school office and we have more information on our ParentPay Page.
Choosing a School Meal
The number of families choosing a school meal is on the increase. The Government recently published the School Food Plan to encourage even more families to make the switch from packed lunches.
Why choose a school meal?
- Pupils who have a hot, nutritionally balanced meal at lunchtime are more likely to have better concentration in the afternoon.
- Children are given the opportunity to try new and different food.
- School meals offer convenience for families with busy lifestyles.
- Eating a school lunch teaches important social skills.
- A school lunch offers families value for money.
All Foundation and Key Stage 1 children are now entitled to a free school meal. No special form needs to be filled in but children still need to fill in their menu choices.
Your child may be entitled to Free School meals and we would encourage you to apply if you think this may be the case. For more information you can contact Cambridgeshire County Council:
Education Welfare Benefits Service at
Box No. CC1206
Telephone: 01223 703 200, email email@example.com
Alternative you can apply online or download the documents below:
Facilities are available for children who wish to bring packed lunches. As we are a Healthy School, we encourage you to pack a healthy lunch for your child. Please could you kindly take note of the following points:
- Please mark the lunch container with your child's name and class;
- Please do not send tinned foods or sweets;
- No cutlery is provided, if this is needed please enclose it;
- No glass containers, fizzy or hot drinks;
- Please try to avoid products that contain nuts.