Skip to content ↓

Warboys Primary Academy

Moving Forward Together
To Develop Confident, Independent Learners

Special Education Needs (SEN)

What are Special Educational Needs (SEN)?

Some children have needs or disabilities that affect their ability to learn. For example:

  • behavioural/social (e.g. difficulty making friends)
  • reading and writing (e.g. dyslexia)
  • understanding things
  • concentrating (e.g. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
  • physical needs or impairments

Please contact the school if you have concerns about your child or would just like more information.

All Local Authorities are required to publish information on ‘the Local Offer’ about all SEND services, along with details of any eligibility for specialist services and a signpost to support for those who do not meet thresholds. CCC site detailing the local offer available to parents within Cambridgeshire is available following this link.

On 1st September 2014, the Children and Families Act 2014 has introduced this new framework for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) representing the biggest change in SEN for 30 years.  Please refer to the letter from Edward Timpson, Minister for Children and Families – April 2014 at the bottom of this page.

SEND Information Report 2022-2023

Letter to parents from the Minister for Children and Families.


The Local Offer – Cambridgeshire County Council           

More details about Cambridgeshire County Council’s SEND LOCAL offer can be found at: