Sports Premium Funding
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding is 'ring fenced' and is to be used for sport specific areas to make an impact in Physical Education and Sport in schools, thus helping to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision.
Warboys Primary Academy Sports Premium Funding 2018/19
Current Number of Children on the School Roll: 266.
Number of children in Reception and Years 1-6 who are eligible for Sport Premium on the October 2017 School Census = 228.
Funding received: £18,220 (including Sugar Tax, plus £5 per pupil aged 5-11 years old).
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and Sport, so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
During the academic year September 2018 to August 2019, and with support from Hunts School Sports Partnership, we plan to spend our funding in the following areas:
- Comprehensive package purchased from the Hunts School Sports Partnership.*
- Training for EYFS teachers in content, delivery and expectations through Rugby.
- Training of teachers and other school staff across a range of sports and sporting activities.
- PE Coordinator and Sports Coach monitoring and assessment activities.
- Purchase of replacement/new resources to support physical education in school.
- Training of sports leaders to run lunch time activities and to help further the use of intra school Competitions throughout KS1 and KS2 to enhance competition opportunities.
- Purchase of equipment and trophies/medals to enhance interest in competitions.
- Provide transport to sports competition/festival events throughout the school year.
- Outdoor skipping ropes to support Skip to be Fit.
- New Tyre Park for KS1 over a two year period..
* The Hunts School Sports Partnership (HSSP) is a ‘not for profit’ organisation based at Hinchingbrooke School. The experienced and highly qualified team works closely with schools across Huntingdonshire to support them in raising whole school standards in Physical Education and School Sport. The HSSP also has extensive and established links with partner organisations; these provide enhanced opportunities for schools.
For a full breakdown of how we spend our Sports Premium Funding please see the linked documents: