Sports Premium Funding
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding is 'ring fenced' and is to be used for sport specific areas to make an impact in Physical Education and Sport in schools, thus helping to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision.
Warboys Primary Academy Sports Premium Funding 2022/23
Current Number of Children on the School Roll: 332.
Number of children in Reception and Years 1-6 who are eligible for Sport Premium on the January 2021 School Census = 278.
Funding received: £17,904 (including Sugar Tax, plus £5 per pupil aged 5-11 years old).
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and Sport, so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
During the academic year September 2022 to August 2023, and with support from Hunts School Sports Partnership, we plan to spend our funding in the following areas:
- Comprehensive package purchased from the Hunts School Sports Partnership.*
- Training of teachers and other school staff across a range of sports and sporting activities.
- Part-funded Minitridge Foundation ambassadors Gold package.
- Renewal of scheme of work to improve teacher's confidence and improve quality of lessons.
- Purchase of replacement/new resources to support physical education in school.
- Provide transport to sports competition/festival events throughout the school year.
- Subsidised Sports Clubs to enable 2 hours+ a week of sporting activity.
* The Hunts School Sports Partnership (HSSP) is a ‘not for profit’ organisation based at Hinchingbrooke School. The experienced and highly qualified team works closely with schools across Huntingdonshire to support them in raising whole school standards in Physical Education and School Sport. The HSSP also has extensive and established links with partner organisations; these provide enhanced opportunities for schools.
For a full breakdown of how we spend our Sports Premium Funding please see the linked document: